A late 18th Century 15ct demi parure of jewellery composed of a necklace and earrings, the necklace formed of twenty graduated oval red purpurine glass panels, each with micromosaic depictions of rabbits, dogs, flowers, ducks and birds and spaced by a smaller enamelled ovals each centred by a bird holding an olive branch, the reverse threaded with two lengths of plaited hair, clasp stamped with French assay marks for circa 1780-1791, pendant earrings each with depictions of Roman ruins, the whole contained within original red tooled leather fitted case. Literature: The Gilbert Collection, Micromosaics, Jeanette Hanisee Gabriel, pub. Philip Wilson p. 236 for similar example.
Ask a specialist
Director & 20th Century Design and Glass Specialist